View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 AM
love to sew

[QUOTE=nhweaver;5788173]I would put a stash of cash earmarked for a longarm, lessons, frame, the works, and a new sewing machine with a large throat, and all the bells and whistles I didn't even know was out there. You will have more time to investigate and try out new machines when you are retired.

Don't go and rush out to buy something right now, do your investigation so you will buy the right machine for you.

If you are a budgeting person, I would add $$$ to my money budget for sewing, pay yourself first it does help with justifying new fabric, thread, sales etc.

If you do not have a sewing room, now is the time to re allocate space for you to spread your wings and fly. The spare guest bedroom - well - get rid of the bed, buy a good blow up mattress for the rare guest, and have a space just for you and your crafts. I have come to the age to understand, that my house is to be lived in, used, and enjoyed.

Fabric, thread, patterns, your tastes will change. Mine did, my skills are growing since I retired. Longarms weren't that common 8 years ago when I retired or there would be one in my house now. One day, I will find a used longarm with all the bells and whistles and it will follow me home.[/QUOT

I think this is the best response yet!!!