View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Wyldwytch

I was deathly afraid of paper piecing until I did it last night....OMG, SOOOOOOO MUCH EASIER! I print out the template, then go over it with a sharpie marker, once that is done I use freezer paper to trace the templates and sew my fabric to the freezer paper. I like using it because you don't have to use any pins that might cause a slight distortion, just iron the freezer paper on to the main fabric. Good luck.

Now to go get dressed and try to be productive in the quilt room...lol

Rosie the Wyldwytch

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
Such beauty to be seen on this thread. I like the challenge, I wish I could get caught up. About the ease of blocks, it is all in the eye of the beholder. Paper pieceing scares me cause I have not done it. But, I would like to learn some time, so this block might be that time. We each have a technique that we are not as familiar with and this is your opportunity to work on that technique, or you can pass that block up. I agree the challenge block is prob fun to pick, I'd be looking for the most off the wall pattern I could find. But the easy one takes a lot of thought. There are some newbies that might have started with PP so that is what they deem "easy". Well, babbling now. Please keep the pictures coming!! I AM GOING TO GET TO THIS ONE SOON. I promise.