Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I didn't see a price on it - yeah - $20 max for that one...

A 403 should go for a lot more than $100 if it has all the disks and attachments and a nice cabinet - it is a so much better machine than a 401. The 403 is my go to machine... and I have better machines... LOL
I don't know if you saw it but we did a discussion of the differences between the 503 and the 500 but it would be the same differences for the 401 and the 403. Link: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...s-t160607.html
I think I did see that thread a while back. I've been mostly using the 411G (found a spare) and the FWs. I just need a good stretch stitch machine now, which isn't a vintage one by definition. Have a great one here, but it's spoken for.

Sorry, I should have linked to the Ad, I forgot all I showed was the photos, and the site doesn't "back up" to the ad well.

I sat on the 403 for months before I took $95 for it. That was this summer, and I have seen prices rising. Since then, I've seen 401s but no 403s or 503s for sale at the same price as this one, and better shape, but nothing I would call great shape. Nothing like what they look like when I'm done with them (I spend a lot of time on curb appeal as well as the mechanical, because I know how it looks makes a big difference to whether anyone wants to come see it) They sit a long time though. No one here seems to appreciate the good machines, they just want the "cheap" ones. DH says his grandpa used to say: they know the price of everything, and the value of nothing.