Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

I'm gonna try to post pics as I continue to play catch up ["try" I make no promises!!] and in no particular order...

Here I have pics of my two latest blocks, H12 from the week of Dec 9 ....ahem simple applique and
I4... why I decided to work 'ahead' I don't know but I will at least share how I made it:
-cut 2 squares each of dark and light fabrics,
-draw a diagonal line on the light,
-put fabric squares right sides together and sew 1/4" seam on either side of diagonal line [remember to 'think inside the box'.... skootch close to the diagonal as you sew so that your seam allowance doesn't expand and the resultant half square triangle is the right size]
-cut on the drawn line
- press toward the dark

for the 'flying geese' in the middle of the sides I cut a 3 1/2" square of dark and [4] 2" squares of light and used the 'no-waste' method of making them [put 2 light squares at opposite corners-right sides together, draw diagonal through the white squares, etc... I've posted these instructions before and you can find them here:
http://www.patchpieces.com/files/flyinggeese.pdf]

for center, I cut a piece of freezer paper and used fabric marker to mark the curves on both the light and dark fabrics, center square is 2 3/4"

enjoy!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388435[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dj-h12-i4.jpg