Thread: OH HORRORS!!
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Lisanne

Make sure those traps are where the dogs won't be able to get at them. They like the same food the mice will go for. Humane traps are nicer. The mouse is trapped inside but not injured and you can dump it outside, far away.

Mice generally don't hurt you. If it can, it'll run away. It would only bite if it thought you were attacking and it couldn't escape.

Put all food somewhere that mice can't get to. I keep my bread in the microwave. Fruit and such, too, or in the fridge. Onions and potatoes go in closed cupboards. Make sure all cupboards are fully closed. Make sure the garbage is in a closed container or in a cupboard. Get rid of food crumbs from the table, counter, stovetop and floor after every meal. Don't leave unwashed dishes out, or even washed wet dishes. Don't leave any water on the counters.

And... rinse the food out of your sponges and squeeze out the water! I had some very talented mice once who rehydrated cheese and chopped onions on my sponges for tastier eating. LOL! I stored my sponges in a can under the sink for a while after that.