Old 01-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Patchesnposies

The crisper drawer in my fridge is full to the top with flower bulbs that I will be planting the end of March/beginning of April. (Canna Lilies, Star Flower, Tulips, Irises, etc...)

It has proven hard to grow many things here in the high desert southwest. LOTS and LOTS of water and TLC to get them past any cold weather in the winter. (It was 10 degrees here this am!)

We got 25 bare root Mulberries and 20 Choke Cherries into the ground this past fall.....dutifully watering them weekly and keeping my fingers crossed that they will be alive in the spring. 6 Apple trees that I will be pruning in February as well as 6 figs that I planted this fall as well. I want to put in pomegranate trees, Blue Berries and some Raspberries.

I have raised garden beds that I plant to fill with salad veggies, kohlrabi and cabbage. I plan to plant a LOT of Kabocha Squash....it is SO good. Japanese sweet potatoes, too.

My husband has decided he wants to grow MUSHROOMS. Not run of the mill grocery store mushrooms but specialty mushrooms....it looks really complicated to me!

Any mushroom growers out there willing to pass along some tips????