View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:27 PM
SteveH
Banned

Thank you for that, it help to get "ohh's and Ahh's"...... It keeps me working when I am surrendering layers of skin to wire wheels and such....

Manually? Yep. I have tried to load my scroll saw with the jewelers blades in the past and it works but I find that I really count on the pressure feedback to control finer cuts, so for this, it is by hand.

I am using a jewelers saw and for this I am using 2/0 blades. The 20ga brass is "standard" brass sheet from my jewelers supply in Hayward(Georges Gems BTW, for those who like old shops, this place has been around forever)

The real bugger here is going to be forming the raised area... the metal is so thin and soft that it is hard to form a 360 deg depression without "wrinkles". I am looking into making a tool to do this since I have bought an additional Howe and will most likely need at least one more.

I just dropped off 25 lbs of 4130 tool steel armor off at the tempering shop!! that project is now on hold until Saturday when I get it back and start the assembly.

Yeah, playing with sewing machines tonight!!!!