View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM
callie8799

I purchased my GO a few months ago and I admit, I haven't been able to use it for life's events kept coming up. Well, the cost of the dies was a deterrent, but I decided to focus on the strip dies and only get the ones I tend to use alot (2 1/2 and 1 1/2) I can cut strips or squares or diamonds. I was interested in this for I can't cut (nor draw and probably not walk in a) straight line to save my soul . I am hoping to cut down on wonky shaped cuts .

Anyway, my suggestion regarding the dies- think of the ones you will use alot and could produce multiple shapes.and purchase them as you need them- no need to start of library then use them. KWIM?
As for the cranking issue- I have not tried mine yet, but don't put alot of fabric on it. Yes, they say you can put 4-5 layers (I think) but 1-2 layers may be better/easier for you. My dh says when I quilt - he feels like he's divorced (he prefers to watch TV and our house space does not permit us to do our hobbies in the same room) so perhaps I will ask him to crank the strips out....