Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 PM
DustysMomma

$26/yard? OUCHIES! Let's see, I got a remnant that was 75"x 64" in Denmark for about $6.25. There was another that was about that size that was double that though. The label showed it'd been in the remnants for about 6 months and they still wouldn't come off the price at all though. I'll have to grab one of the others I got and see what the prices were on them.

There, clothing is expensive, but thread is cheap! I got a 2000 meter spool of really good thread at Christmas for $4. Baby clothes there are about 2-1/2x's the price of what they are if you go to Ross or Marshall's though. So, when my boyfriend's brother and sister-in-law come here to visit, they usually bring 1 change of clothes and the day after they arrive they hit both stores and stock up. Then they come back in 1-2 years and do it again! We went and spent about $500 picking up baby clothes for their new arrival. They asked that we "clean them out" from sizes birth to 24 months, so we did. Got some great deals there and have taken advantage of some good sales on Carter's web site too. We got one outfit half price & it would have been almost $50 if they'd bought something similar there.

So, the SIL is keeping an eagle eye on the fabric store for me for cool remnants. There's going to be more to come! (That reminds me, I still have fabric in my car that my boyfriend doesn't know I bought off the yard sale group on Facebook....oops!)