View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:04 AM
hannajo

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
There's a wonderful shop in the fabric district called "City Quilter" if you get to that part of town. I wanted to see Mood Fabrics after watching all the Project Runway shows. It was cooler on TV than in person, but an interesting stop nonetheless.
Thanks for posting this. I had no idea about this place. I'm going to have to check it out the next time I'm in Manhattan. I've been to a bunch of fabric stores, but they tend to cater to clothes/costume makers. I recently passed a store that sells only spandex! Many stores just have a few bolts of quilting fabric in the corner.

As for what to see when you're here, newjeepgreen, the possibilities are endless. There's art galleries, museums, performing arts, sports games at Madison Square Garden and Barclay's Center, any kind of ethnic food you can imagine... I can people watch for hours. It also depends on how much money you want to spend. You can have a great time spending big bucks or very few. Let us know what you decide to do. Also, my husband is a wiz when it comes to the subway system, so PM me if you have any questions about how to get around.