Old 01-17-2013, 07:48 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Thanks for all your computer well-wishes, Ladies!
Truth be known, I've been pulling out my hair some!
I wish when you got these updates, they'd wave a magic wand so you'd find out what the updates are ... and how the old habits mess things up! Believe me, I'm finding that out ... unfortunately in most cases don't have a clue as to the "why" of it all.

Sooooooo ..... anyone with Outlook 2010 or Windows 7.0, if you have any tips and hints, please do share!
And I haven't even started to think about Word yet!

CarrieM .... whew! good thing you have your BBs done!!!! Your other BBs (Buttercup Babies) will be a fun project to work on, for sure! Great gift idea for your friends!

Anael ... Sadly DDIL is in the hospital, though that's good news as she'll be constantly monitored and the best that can be done for those wee ones will be done. Take ♥, here's another good news stories ... I have two friends who had babies so small ... one is now a rambunctious girl at 4 yo, the other is almost 2 yo, also a girl! Here's hoping your kitty's problems get diagnosed and onto a recovery plan today. Lovely quilt ... I often remember exactly what was happening in my life when I look at a quilt later! Do you have more of the blue for your border .... or what about an assortment of narrow borders using the fabrics in the quilt. I would normally suggest a piano key border, but think it`d take away from the centre of the quilt .... though what about a postage stamp border of the assorted fabrics ... I think that could work as it would give a mosaic effect and help to frame it up (leave out the whites here).

Question MarksÉ ... OK, looks like my computerÉ or keyboardÉ is talking French!!! Thus why all the missing question marks in my notes to Anael. And here, everytime you see É you can read that as a É. Anyone know how to make that conversionÉ
Chris Hadfield ... OK, my Canadian brag time ... just listening to him talk from space to kids at the Public School named after him, not far from here. They had him playing his guitar a little while ago. I am still amazed how "down to earth" (yes, pun intended!) he is in all his interviews. The photos they've been sending back are absolutely amazing too!

DublB ... I know NOTHING about your new machine and wish you well with it. My suggestion though, is to get it out and do LOTS on it. Get pretty familiar with it before you go for that 10 hours of class(es) with it. That way, you can be over the first hump of being overwhelmed and be really ready to absorb. You'll have lots of why not and how do I questions ready for them. If you've developed any bad habits or wrong steps, they'll catch those and you can adapt them, and yes, perhaps like a kid ask whyyyyyy? or say, but I don't want to!!! Looks like you timed your BB completion just right .... perhaps there were some hints dropped to DDDDH?

Last edited by QuiltE; 01-17-2013 at 07:53 AM.