View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 08:18 AM
quiltstringz

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
I take back what I said because I see that none of you consider yourselves fabric artists. I had mistakenly thought from many other threads that most quilters thought of themselves as making fabric art. I was confusing oranges for apples.I appologize for obviously offending you.
I don't think anyone was offended. I think a lot of us consider ourselves as hobbyists and artists and always passionate as you can tell by the responses. We each have our own little quirks regarding Machine/Fabric/Thread/Wash - don't wash/etc. Have someone ask what is the best machine you can get for $300 and you will have 50 answers immediately.

I don't think that any of us started this passion/hobby/art expecting it to take us over the way it normally does. What ever you can afford and feel comfortable with tool and goods wise is what we do. Will a $5,000 machine make me sew a 1/4" seam any better - NO. I might end up with a $2,000 machine vs a $200 machine but not because it will make me sew better, but maybe because it will do other things that I think I want to do and maybe be easier for me to use. The great thing about quilting is that I seldom (won't say never because there are a few out there) see anyone being a machine/fabric/gadget Snob - we are mostly just looking at everyone's finished project and saying how beautiful - love the colors - I want to do that.