Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

Last night's block is really really late!!! G1 from week of Oct 7! eeeek... at least it's done, right?
I did this one slightly differently - when I drew/traced my freezer paper on dull side, I tweeked the points of the petals so they would be pointier. In the picture you see the finished block and you can get an idea of how I made it. What I show on the right is what I cut off after I assembled the triangles. To start, I cut one square 5 1/2" of the light and dark fabrics and sliced them in half diagonally. Next I cut two rectangles of each color 2 x 5 1/2" .... matching the rectangle to the bottom edge of the triangle of opposite colors, I then traced my freezer paper pattern using fabric markers to the rectangles and matching triangle sections, leaving enough seam allowance. I used reverse applique, trimmed the excess out of the back [I actually trimmed the triangle parts off rectangle first]

One small note - most I did by hand, but then sewed the diagonals of the triangles together by machine. The points of the petals on two and the center didnt quite match as perfectly as I liked. When this happens, what I frequently do rather than redo everything over and over by machine... I remove the annoying 'off' part and do that carefully by hand. Much less aggravating!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388632[/ATTACH]I now see I really should have switched the positions of the excess I cut off! that bottom white piece on the right I trimmed from the center right petal in the finished block [this was the bottom of that big triangle. The yellow 'petal' that is cut down on the right came from the yellow rectangle that now is the finished bottom of the triangle. Hope this makes sense! I also showed the freezer paper pattern on the top right.
Gus

enjoy! [most of you have probably made this one sorry]
Attached Thumbnails dj-g1.jpg  

Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 01-17-2013 at 09:41 AM.