View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by aileenlenzi
Those pictures took me back to my own childhood and my grandma.
I have a twin sister and we took turns going to grandma's house. One weekend it was my turn the next was my sister's. My Grandmother taught me everything regarding how to sew, cook, crochet, knit, clean house etc. Our mother was not very domestic, I guess because my Grandmother was so strict. Many times I was in tears, but I sure loved her! Her motto was " do it until it is perfect" among other sayings. I grew up having to have EVERYTHING perfect. It has been a difficult habit to break (still working on it) but, my family laughs now because they at least know how to clean their own houses even if their own spouses or roommates don't. I am refered to as the "House Fairy"or "Laundry fairy". They leave messages begging for the "Fairy" to help them when everyday life gets in the way. Of course what is a Grandma to do.......
Aileen my grandma and my mom were both very strict and evertthing had to be perfect. My mom lives beside me and she is still a perfectionist. I on the other hand am a slob part of the time and in some things I am a real perfectionist!! Part my dad and part my mom!! LOL

I am glad you enjoyed the pics. Twins run in every third generation in my dad's family. I have twin cousins and my grandpa had twin cousins. My one twin cousin he and his wife had twin boys just 5 mos before our twin grands were born. 5 yrs before our twins were born my other two kids and their spouses were saying they couldn't have twins because of things going on in their lives at the time. So they all decided that Glen should have the twins. And 5 yrs later he and his wife had twins!! It was their gneration to have twins. I always wanted to be a twin and if not htat then I wanted to have twins but I got twin grandsons so I was really happy when they were born!!