Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
What a happy ending for you and the machine. now to post some of the great work you are going to do!
peace
I will be, in the future. Right now DH and son and putting in cabinets and I am basically getting a new sewing room--we took almost everything out of the old one--my table, small sewing machine table and moved it all to the basement. The new Horizon stayed in its box for a week before I tried it out. I know, I know, but I had a 3000 piece jigsaw puzzle on the table and couldn't risk losing a piece by bringing out the sewing machine...plus I know myself. If I had brought out the sewing machine, the puzzle never would have gotten finished.

So, until the new countertop is delivered (maybe today) ?? (We ordered kitchen cabinet counter top to fit what I needed in that room) the Janome 12000 is on my dining room table. I did a sample embroidery design to test it out and get a feel for it. When the counter top is delivered (or we go and get it), DH will install it and I can move back into my sewing room. Until then, I'm kind of like a duck in a bathtub--and just decided to sew together some of my 4" squares, trying to use up some of my numerous misc. squares --will attempt to do something like I did with 2.5" squares only I have way more 4" squares.

I don't have that many "big" designs yet for the embroidery part--will wait til emblibrary has a sale again and get some of the larger designs I've had my eye on. This whole thing happened much faster than I had originally thought, so it kind of caught me by surprise and I'm still in shock, a bit, that I have this machine--really all three of my Janomes now--350E, 7700, and 12000. It was after I got my 7700 in 2010 that I found this quilting board. I began to search the internet for more information and needed some support on a different level than the people right around me. Most of them think if you can sew two pieces of fabric together somehow that you are "talented". ;(

So, I will be posting pictures eventually...but I am not getting rid of my 7700--and I feel so very blessed!