View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Aileen

LOL, in my family it used to be every other generation for twins but my sister and I broke the mold. The Doctor told my Mother that it would be a free for all now. We kids all lived in fear that one of us would have twins. When I was expecting my last child (7th) the Doctor thought he would be funny and told me that I was going to have twins. I almost fainted off the exam table! He had to run to catch me, he was really sorry about that sick joke! So now my kids all live in fear that one of them will have a muliple birth. We do not just have twins but have had triplets although much rarer.
I feel sorry for anyone that has multible births and for the kids. I hated being a twin, everyone treated us as one person never letting us have our own identity. I still get it whenever my sister comes to visit because although we are identical twins we really look more like we are mirror twins.
I have most of my grandkids within 2 miles and our grand daughter lives with us with her mother. They are always either at our house or I at theirs, so it is just like being next door. Sometimes my husband would like time to himself but since we finally had a granddaughter he always wants to babysit her!
My oldest daughter's mother-in-law is my friend and quilting buddy, we call each other "friends-in-laws" it really confuses and throws everyone off!
Anyway, I love being a Grandma and have many, many happy memories