Thread: Hobby Lobby
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Lucio

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed View Post
I have always liked the fabrics that Hobby Lobby carries. However, a decision was made at corporate level almost 10 years ago, and most of the stores scaled way back in the fabric department. Unlike Joann's, HL will give you the greater of the discounts -- either the sale price or the 40% coupon (almost always available on-line), whichever is better. You have to present your coupon at the cutting table.

A big negative for me at HL is that their cash register system is not automated. Each item must be entered, which means longer lines and the potential for more error.

Dayle
I asked the clerk at a recently opened Hobby Lobby why they didn't have computer cash registers or scanners in the fabric department and she said, "the owner doesn't believe in them". This makes refunds and returns a nightmare. I later heard somewhere else it is because they think the bar codes are messages from the devil. That could be an urban myth but it sure bogs down the shopping process. I sure miss the days of old when the fabric and yarn departments were many times larger than they are now.