View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:00 AM
JoanneS

I consider my quilts to be how I'll be remembered long after I'm gone. I've made many for family that will probably be passed down, although some have been 'loved' so much that they won't make it to the next generation! That's part of the reason why I use the best equipment I can afford. I bought a top of the line embroidery machine with a very large throat for ME to make it easier to machine quilt my quilts.

I label all my quilts with my name, the date and the town I live in. Who knows? Maybe some day someone will wonder who I was? Isn't that part of the reason why we're supposed to label our quilts? There are over 100 quilts out there with this label, and I'm into the 2nd 100 now.

I haven't been able to hand quilt for several years, so I bought my first embroidery machine to use for quilting. I haven't looked back!

I still look for bargains in fabric and equipment, but if I need something or, more importantly, love a fabric that's not on sale but don't need it right now, I buy it. I know I'll eventually use it. And I have more than enough fabric to use in my lifetime. I've declared a moratorium on buying more, but it's a 'loose' moratorium - because if a fabric 'sings' to me, I'll buy it without feeling guilty. I try to not look at fabrics on-line or in the CT of Keepsake catalogs, but I still do!

Last edited by JoanneS; 01-18-2013 at 10:04 AM.