Thread: Two big girls
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:39 AM
wordpaintervs

Default Two big girls

these two doll babys sitting on my lap are headed for a child they can love. The red doll will go to PA where a 3 year old lays in a comma for 4 weeks now, after a head on vehicle collision. She is having seizures. She reacts to some simple voice commands so there is hope.

The blue/white doll goes to a child who lives in Georgia. She has an aggressive form of brain cancer called AT/RT and she is two and a half. She is being discharged from St. Judes and will return for radiation etc.

I'm just their creator and guardian giving them the chance to find and comfort a child in need. I am a 72 year old granny, retired nurse, crafter and writer.

An envelope goes out with them that has a small birth certificate and a story the same as the one below. This makes a total of 143 dolls made, four of which are ready to start their own journey after these reach their new home. There remains 3 girls and a boy making the 143 doll total. I will be making more. My newest goal is to make 200. All are free as is the postage.

God Bless all.

Vickey Stamps

"I belong to you in a place of the mind, that belongs to children and doll friends, I belong to you.

When you want to laugh, I will laugh with you. When you cry, please hold me near. The cloth in me will soak up your tears, and they will store themselves in the love I am surely stuffed with.

When you want a hug, or need one, I will be happy to help you with that.

If you are afraid in the dark, please know I will do all my doll body allows me to do, to make you feel better.

When you feel angry, I will only listen, and never be angry back.

I am your friend. I belong to you.
Attached Thumbnails great-granny-n-2-babies.jpg  

Last edited by wordpaintervs; 01-18-2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: additional info