View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 02:05 PM
jbrother

I feel your pain but I don't think it looks as bad as you seem to think it does. I had a similar problem until I had a quilt teacher who taught me to press instead of iron. I was ironing the heck out of squares and using a lot of steam, and all I was doing was stretching the fabric until I learned to lift and set the iron down, instead of rubbing it all over the fabric to press. This may not be the issue with your blocks, but to me, your blocks looked stretched rather than mis-cut or mis-sewn. Still if it bothers you, try dampening and blocking your quilt like needlework and let it air dry to help straighten it a little and I think it would be fine. Whenever I start to get upset about a quilt, unless it is going in a competition, I think of how earlier women who didn't have all of the tools we have today did the best they could with their quilts and they looked just fine. We women are too self-critical and I can guarantee no one else would notice many of the things we consider to be flaws. Don't sweat the small stuff -- the thing is to enjoy being in the moment of creation! It's going to be a beautiful quilt -- I wish I had your talent for applique...talk about weird looking shapes on a quilt when I try to applique :-)