Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Lyncat

Oh, lucky you! I love Franciscan Desert Rose! I was just talking about learning to knit something more than a dishcloth. I am soooooo slow.

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Have been busy lately...I've been trying to teach myself to knit socks! Don't have a clue as to why I want to knit socks, but for some reason I just HAVE to do it! I'm not doing too bad...have one sock almost done. I'm super slow at it, so I MIGHT have a new pair of wool socks for next winter!

Have been helping a customer clean out his storage unit...he and his wife live in Hawaii, and she has been very ill, so their dream of a second home here has been dashed...he gifted me with a service for 12 of the Franciscan "Desert Rose" china, with just about every serving piece you can think of. The other biggie that he gifted me with was one of her half finished quilts...Double Wedding Ring, absolutely beautiful work, hope I can do it justice when I attempt to finish it! There were two completed wallhangings and a Rowenta iron and quite a lot of smaller sewing notions too...