View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 PM
asimplelife

I just added my second this week, and was surprised too when I read about the # of machines that some of us have.

My 10+ y/old Pfaff has a teeny throat and I was having a really hard time quilting anything larger than 45". My Juki 2010Q will be used for quilting and bulky work like sewing binding. I love the IDT on my Pfaff for piecing, but also love the thread cutter & knee lift feature on the Juki so am kind of in between with piecing right now. The Pfaff is more accurate & the Juki more convenient!

I'm also going to be buying a Juki F600 in the next week or so because I want a free arm for clothing and now that I'm getting into machine applique I need a nice blanket stitch. The deco stitches on my Pfaff aren't very pretty! And, it has the thread cutter and knee lift that I love on the 2010Q so I think it might become my piecing machine as it has a box feed that it supposed to be really good.

So, I'm joining the multi-machine club in a hurry! Then I'll be set for another 10 or so years... I like having a backup machines since I have no local dealers. I've been really lucky with my Pfaff that has required no service at all.