View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 PM
earthwalker
Power Poster

I have 3. One a 1950's Pinnock purchased for around 20 years ago at auction. It was my first sewing machine. Originally just used for general sewing/curtaining etc. Very handy when we bought our first tiny run-down home, which we renovated on a very tight budget. The second is an 80's Singer I bought it new for general sewing (I only ever EPP in the beginning). Wanted something a bit easier to move around than the Pinnock as the kitchen table was my workspace then. The Pinnock was given to Mum....who years later gave it back, when I started quilting seriously. The third is an early Singer Treadle....my most recent purchase. I intend to renovate it and use it for quilting....why?....because I love vintage. My everyday quilting/always set up ready to go...is the 50's Pinnock. I may part with the 80's Singer...but it's handy to have a spare for back-up/emergencies.

Will I gather more? Well....very tempting...but I'm trying to reduce the clutter here and downsize somewhat. But if I see something "special" well....don't think I'd hesitate too much.