Old 10-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by MaryAnna
Well it all depends on your view from your window....
Here's a great idea....if you've got a few too many quilts, how about using them- they would serve 2 purposes: design inspiration and wonderful decor AND they will keep the cold out and in summer keep the heat out!
I love the quilt blocks on your desgin wall, how about making a few more of them- they are really tres chic, and very warm and inviting....they would be fabulous as curtains!
Regards,
MaryAnna
Hi Maryanna,

Oh, I've got an awesome view from my windows if you like wildlife; bears, deer, squirrels, raccoon, and of course the neighborhood cats and dog on the loose! This coming snowstorm should put the bears to bed for the winter, YAY!! :thumbup: It DOES tend to get pretty cold here in the winter, so your idea of using a quilt for the window is awesome!! I wish I had some extras, but so far I've given them all away. :) I'll be checking our local thrift store, occasionally I'll see a quilt in there. Don't really have time to make them for two windows, it'll be down to 16° by tomorrow night! BRR!

As for the blocks on my design wall, thanks so much for your compliments. The top row has 6 blocks of 12 of the current BOM "Heartland Heritage" that I'm working on. The lower rows are rows 4 and 5 of 7 of a rather large BOM from a while back called "Scrappy Treasures" and as you can see isn't done yet. That one will be for our bedroom. Both projects are made with a variety of Kansas Troubles fabrics. Yes I agree, they are quite inviting and down to earth, as we are.

Thanks for your great ideas, they'll be used soon. :)

Happy sewing!