View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:37 PM
wraez

I have my original Kenmore with decorative cams, almost 42 yrs but really didn't do much regular sewing. Then I got interested in quilting about 10 yrs ago and after I saw all the new computer style machines my friends were using, all the decorative stitches, needle up/down, thread cutter etc I wanted one too. So about 6 years ago I got a Janome6500 that I love. I found an old 15-91 Singer on Craigslist in cabinet with bench for only $25 and couldn't pass that up. Then my dad gave me an old, very heavy machine called a Bradshaw I think but the airlines damaged the carrier it came in. Then 2 yrs ago my hubby found a great deal on a Husqvarna Viking serger on Craigslist for me ... I still haven't used it, I'm intimidated by the threading .. yikes, I want to use it for place mats, napkins etc. I just need someone to show me how to do it, our local sew/vac store went out of business and I'll have to gird my loins and try to find a tute online.

Even tho I still love my old workhorse Kenmore (I let my grands use it) my fave is my Janome. I've been wanting/wishing for a featherweight but don't want to pay the price most are asking ... it would be nice to take to classes etc. The Janome and Kenmore are SOOOO heavy!