View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Gay

I started with a Brother Galaxy 2, which only had a 4" hoop, and displayed design sections in black & white. As they improved with more features and larger hoops, I next bought a Br 3000, w/colour display and a 6x10"hoop. Both machines were pre-loved and served me well. When the 4000 model had been out a few years, one company was offering a very good deal, about 30% off, so I bought one and sold the Galaxy 2 to a cousin. The new one had a bit larger hoop and catered for more thread colours & features. Because that company doesn't have the square quilter's hoop I bought the Hoop-it-all to suit the 4000. I have a double garage which is now my sewing studio, and also houses my longarm and quilting frame, and the Brother 3000. So I do quilting, sewing and curtains in there, and the bigger embroidery machine stays inside next to the computer, so I can test out the designs I digitise, and embroider quilt blocks etc. This saves having to re-set up a machine for different projects all the time as well.