Old 01-18-2013, 10:14 PM
DustysMomma

Woohoo! Shake it Elisabrat!

I'm sorry I've been a little absent last night and tonight. My boyfriend had a potential hire and his wife visiting, so we had to take them to dinner both nights. Since we got home tonight, I've been sewing! Trying to finish this playmat. Tried to FMQ it on my ancient Kenmore machine and it kept pulling the top-thread down & making loops on the underside. I finally said to heck with it and I'm putting diagonal lines across it 6-1/2" apart in both directions to make a diamond pattern. It's not what I wanted to do, but at this point, it's gotta do. I want to have time to wash it twice if I need to for the quilting lines I did with the disappearing pen to come out.

I'm going to Montgomery, AL with a friend tomorrow. Why does that matter, you ask? There's a quilt shop there that's going out of business. They sent my friend a postcard so she can get first dibs on going out of business prices, and she can bring a friend! I've never been to that store before, so it'll be even more sad to see it go.