Old 01-19-2013, 01:08 AM
dublb

7 years ago my DNiece was pregnant & they said it was a girl. We had a biggggg girl shower. DSis had embroidered a quilt top w/the girl's name on it. Well ya'll have already guessed it. In April we were told it was a boy & my Great DNephew was born in May. (At least the quilt top hadn't been quilted yet.) Well my DSis needed me ta help her fix it for her other DGSon, that is on the way. I made applique hearts ta cover the name. DSis spent all day redoin' the pink embroidery ta orange & green. This evenin' I top stitched the hearts on & we got it sandwiched. She will hand quilt around the Bear & Hearts (there are other hearts on it also) & when I git back from OKC I'll machine quilt the radiatin' lines. We also used spray bastin' on a fleece throw that she will tie for her grandson. She had never heard o' spray bastin' & thought that applique was way too hard. She's very pleased. She doesn't have a job right now but her new DGSon will have a very nice quilt from her.
She then helped me reorganize my cuttin' table, that had become a big pile o' projects! She left about 15 min.s ago. (It's about 3:00am here, my normal bed time.)