Old 01-19-2013, 05:41 AM
DustysMomma

Elisabrat, oh my, don't tell me that! I need other things though, if the markdown is right.

I don't usually get out this much. The couple we usually go out to eat with on the weekends, is really the only people we ever do anything with. The other couple being here was not a regular thing. My boyfriend REALLY wants to hire this guy. He's probably only got maybe 10 years until he retires, but he's taught every class there is in their department, and he trusts him to teach his classes at least close to the way he's taught them for the last 9 years, because they have much the same approach to them. Most of the time, I don't have to go with him when he has to take someone out to dinner, but since the guy brought his wife, I was invited as well, to help sell her on living here. I also don't get out to go shopping much either, so today will be a treat whether I buy anything or not! I've never been a big shopper, and the last year since I started having trouble with the heel spur they finally removed in August, it's been hard to enjoy shopping, even for fabrics. I was in a boot for 7 months and the muscles in the bottom of my foot atrophied, so I've just in the last couple months gotten enough use back to enjoy a trip to Joann's.

I was told yesterday that apparently we have to go to some formal thing at the Alabama Engineering Hall of Fame next month. I had 2 thoughts on this. My first was "Blah, I have to go be formal AND stuffy?" (most of the people at these things look like they haven't cracked a smile in a decade), but then I remembered I have a new dress I haven't worn yet and I got a little excited! It was $130 dress and I got it for $30 plus the $20-30 it cost me to have it altered. Now I need shoes though, and I HATE shoe shopping. My mother got that gene, and didn't pass it on to me.