View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:29 AM
pinkcastle

I used to be a one sewing machine only gal with a serger. I used my Viking Lily for garment sewing and started quilting on it. I decided I wanted a machine with a larger throat space, so I bought a Juki 2010Q and mainly used it. That was until last summer and fall when my DH and I went on a vintage sewing machine spree - don't ask me why, but we had great fun hunting! I've just recently started using my Featherweight and absolutely love it. It is a great machine to take to classes. I also have a Singer 99 set up in a cabinet waiting for me to try her out. Of the 40? vintage machines (crazy, huh?), I'll probably only use four - the FW, 99, 201 and a 15-91. DH is going to clean them up and we have some cabinets to refinish, so it will be a while before they are ready to use. But I can now see having several machine set up for different projects and for different purposes. The other vintage machines (hand cranks, treadles and electric) will be for display - they are just so pretty and interesting to look at. Plus I will continue to use the Viking and the Juki. They each have their own strengths.