Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Anael, the pockets are sewn to the one side in the middle of the half lower and thirds on top, triple stitched...the ends and sides are sewn with right side to right side together, sewing on the wrong side, front and backing, with a slot not sewn on one side in the middle which allows you to turn the wrong side to the right side...the bottom and sides of the pockets are caught in the seam, thus holding items in the pockets. The photo shown has only the one layer without the backing on it yet. First have to get the pockets placed and sewn down in their divisions, then add the backing which secures the sides and bottom of the pockets. Hope this explanation helps to picture it better. Dh was made to his wishes, they can be smaller in width, but must measure across the bed under the pillow, top of first pockets should be even with the top of the mattress of the bed; then you can add as many pockets as you wish going down to the floor or comfortable height to reach from the bed when you are lying in it. So the measurements can vary....

Very neat for those wearing glasses or like to read at night in bed...keeps them handy and easy to find when they get up in the morning.

Quilte, very seldom to I keep a project or anything a secret from dh....unless its a FART trip on how much I did buy!!! I don't hide it, but I don't have a show and tell, either. He calls my quilt room a hobby room and tends to put it down until he needs something, and that has to come before anything else....guess I have spoiled him too much over the 47 years of marriage. One day at a time.