View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:05 AM
ktbb

I'd take the picture to a copy shop and have them enlarge it to the size I wanted....then use that as the master and trace off each piece of what I want to have identical in shape/size. Find fabric that you want to use for each of the components - pots, stems, leaves, flowers, etc. - and get ready to fuse. Since i'm not one to worry about a perfecty match, I don't worry about printing or tracing in reverse to make the finished picture come out perfect - I trace from the front directly onto paper backed fusible and when the picure is done, it's the reverse of the original, in this case, the round, blue and white pot on the left would end up on the right...as one of the other posters said, you can do some fun 3-d stuff with the picure - rickrack for stems/flowers, etc.

I've done this process many times - it's fun and easy. Since it's to be a wall hanging, probably, you don't even have to stitch around the pieces if you don't want to, tho stitching ca really make it stand out. Put it together by fusing first, then look at it for a bit to see where, if at all, you need to stitch.