View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:11 AM
0tis

You are not alone - trust me - I had mine for about 6 months before I truly used it - I could not tell you why - because I think it was all of the above. I was completely new to this - I had never even heard of a longarm until a few weeks before I got one and I had never used one. My husband talked me into it - and I am so glad now. But for the first several months I would load it up and just freeze when it was time to quilt - I know that I will never be a pro at fmq - but I have improved - what really helped me was groovy boards - I purchased a few of them and it really made the quilting easy and it looked good. After I was comfortable with that - I slowly started making loop de loops and trying different quilt desigsn (they did not look good at all) but I was trying at least....Finally, I found Craftsy and there was a class called Quilting Negative Space with Angela Walters - that was finally my AHA moment - what she taught me in a few hours has increased my confidence by 1000% - this is about 2yrs after I purchased my longarm - I have accepted that I am not a Picasso but I do like what I can do now. So you need to find what works for you. I suggest the Craftsy class with Angela - it was amazing. Congrats on your purchase - can't wait to see what it brings next.