View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:12 AM
Sewnoma

I "only" have 4 machines - one is my first machine, a Kenmore I bought when I first moved out on my own in the early 90's. For years and years that was my ONLY machine, but I didn't do much sewing (mostly just curtains and the odd hem here or there, and very rarely a small baby blanket). Then the quilting bug bit me and I decided I needed something more modern - I wanted a drop-in bobbin, needle up/down function, etc. so I bought a Brother Cs6000i. It's a good little machine, but "little" is the operative word here. After making just a couple of quilts on it I got tired of the small harp and how it always scoots away from me as I sew and decided to invest in a larger, more heavy-duty machine, and got a Janome 6600. Oh how I love my 6600!! My 4th and most recent machine is a Brother Pe770 - it's an embroidery-only machine, which is a lot of fun.

I don't want to get rid of my Kenmore because it's solid as a rock and still works after all these years - it's a great backup even though it's very simple, plus I have a sentimental attachment to it since it was my first machine. My little Brother I use as my portable machine and as a loaner when a friend needs it, and it also has a free arm (which my Janome lacks) so it's handy for certain (non-quilt) sewing projects. It's small and light so it's easy to take out and put away often. The Janome is my main machine that stays set up 24/7, and of course the embroidery-only machine is it's own thing. So....I have four sewing machines.