View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:18 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

Sometimes it just happens that the sewing machines multiply. My initial machine was a "Stradivaro" - I'd never heard of the name either, then I bought a Sears Kenmore that I used for years until I literally burned out the motor - not good when you see smoke coming out of your sewing machine - maybe I really was sewing too fast. LOL. After the Kenmore I bought a Singer, but after a year or two traded it in for a Janome 4000 - I was just not pleased with it's performance with all the quilting I was doing. Then along the way I got a FREE Brother machine at the local recycling center, I bought a sewing machine in a cabinet for $25 - good deal I thought - this was before the Brother. I wound up giving this machine to my sister and when she passed away it went to her DGD. The Brother came in handy when I needed the Janome serviced. I then inherited a Sears Kenmore in a cabinet, which I eventually gave to my DDIL. I still have the Brother, then my girlfriend gave me a Sears Kenmore that she had picked up at the recycling center, and it has about the same bells and whistles as my Janome, so now I have 3 machines. Out of all the machines, I only bought three of them and the rest were "rescues". I think I'm covered now.