View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:55 AM
mbrownpanama

Default Greist sewing machine

I just found a few PDF's at the Smithsonian about the Greist machines and their attachments. I have a bag of attachments with no machine so do you want the attachments? I am printing out the PDF now and will let you know if they are all there. I cannot test them but I believe they fit any straight shank machine.

Originally Posted by Donnabellah View Post
A friend gave me a sewing machine that is still in the original cabinet. She painted the cabinet green! I put the machine in a repair shop and was told it was in good shape and works fine. I don't know anything about the machine as the only documentation I have is a little booklet that is for using the Greist Attachments. On the front of the machine there is a metal tag "Vornado" -- on the side of the machine is a metal tag "Precision Build .. Made in Japan" on the back side on top of the motor is a tag "Deluxe Sewing Machine Motor". No where on the machine is the word Greist!!
I am very interested in knowing if anyone has any information about this machine. The little booklet has a copyright of 1957 but I am not even sure if that booklet came with the machine. It does have quite a few attachments and it does decorative stitching also.
Any of your comments would be appreciated.