View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 03:25 PM
DanofNJ

Default Bernina 930 Lives Again!

Well,

After weeks of ordering parts and tweeking the 930 Record is finally back to 95% condition. This one was VERY difficult. In short, the machine was not functioning nor running when I got it. The story was that it was brought to two shops and they could not fix it. It was missing the feed dogs and the circuit board was in pieces, particularly the micro-switch assembly which operates the on/off speed control. The machine was toyed with and so many settings were off it was ridiculous.

The hardest issue, short of getting parts, was the fact that the hand wheel assembly would not consistently engage with the main shaft and therefore needle position and consistent engagement of the needle was impossible. There are two springs that engage the main shaft and hand wheel. I finally decided to order a new hand wheel spring which turned out to be much shorter than the one installed on the machine. Desperately, I put in the new spring and it all came together. It is beyond me where these shops got a wrong sized spring (large) and put it in this machine.

Whew!!!! Now I have a 930 and am very happy. I have the case and original foot pedal that works as well as the extension table. I don't have the knee bar but the one on my 830 fits it so I'm set.
Attached Thumbnails bernina.jpg