Thread: Quilts talk
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 05:46 PM
JanTx

Wink Quilts talk

No, I'm not talking about talking ABOUT quilts, I'm talking about quilts talking. I'm really not loony, but it's happened too many times. If my life were a cartoon I'd have a gift bag with a name on it and the quilt would be refusing to go into that bag. Or another quilt would be jumping off the shelf to climb in instead.

I just made a red/white/black quilt for a bride. It didn't feel right the entire time I was working on it. Started a different one and ... it's hers! THe black/white/red will go to a high schooler at church when she graduates next year. It's hanging on the back of a rocker in the meantime and when I pass it I know it's Jaye's quilt.

I was making a hunting themed quilt for a college graduate. That quilt was having none of it. It wanted to go to our preacher - an avid hunter who celebrated his 10-year anniversary with our congregation. That quilt showed up for the celebration. The college grad? No quilt for him, but he has a serious sweetie and there will be one at a wedding shower, I'm sure.

I find this very strange because I don't think I'm .. intuitive?... sentimental? Not sure what the word is, but I'm very practical and down to earth. Until I get in my sewing room, that is!

I have several tops that are not finished because they haven't claimed their owners yet. When I know who they'll belong to I'll finish them, but in the meantime I'm busy enough working on ones who have picked out their people.

Weird, I know.