View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:30 AM
katesnanna

I have 3 Janomes and a Singer overlocker (serger)

My first Janome I bought in 2001 after owning a Lamair for over 30 years. I had been doing some research because I had decided to buy a new machine. I won $500.00 from my husband, in a bet. I couldn't get to the machine shop fast enough after work. I bought it on a Friday afternoon leading into a long weekend. Fun weekend. I use this machine for going to group or workshops. It's the lightest machine.
I started Patchwork lessons in 2003 after losing my youngest daughter. Something to keep me focused. In 2007 I bought a quilting frame at a quilt show. Soon found that my machine would only quilt about 3" at a time. Tedious. I also gave up cigarettes which allowed me to save. By 2009 I had saved $2000.00 and bought a 6600 on special. By then I didn't have room to leave the frame up and it stayed in it's box. That's about to change now I have my quilting room although I read on this board just days ago that even the 6600 is really too small. I'm saving again towards a long arm.
In 2010 one of our little group passed away suddenly and I bought her MC10000 from her husband. Oh what fun I've had with this machine.
Lastly is my overlocker which I have had for about 30 years. I still use it when I'm doing charity sewing and on the odd occasion I make some clothing item for myself.
Ten years ago I would never have imagined owning more than one machine. My how quilting has changed my life.