View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Judi in Ohio

I remember seeing my first embroidery only machine and saying "who needs an embroidery only machine, who spends that kind of money?" That was my trip into machine buying. I have sewn for a long time - 68 now, started at 10. I bought a Viking Rose when they were just one step below the 1+. Forgot my first Viking, a 6420 that I killed with use. I've had all kinds of machines in the years since. I now sew with a Janome 7700, a Juki 98Q, Juki F-600, Viking SE, and a Babylock 10 needle, and a Juki 5 needle serger. I love them all. I didn't mention my oldies but goodies, a gorgeous handcrank that was my sil (I picked it out for her husband for Christmas, she died the next year, but she loved that machine), a 301, 201 (still the most beautiful stitch I've ever seen) and 2 221's. and a Maximatic Necchi - I consider Necchi to be the most fabulous of all vintage machines. There was nothing made like them. I am slowly rehoming as I have too many machines, 6 set up right now. The 10 needle, the Janome, the 98 & serger Juki's and a 201 with walking foot attached in a lovely table.
If you have 1 machine what do you do when your main machine is embroidering. Especially in the 10 needles case as you walk away from that machine and need something to sew on.