View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:34 AM
Prissnboot

Default Old machine broke, bought new machine

So I decided the other day that I may as well clean since my machine died...and the next day I went to the sewing machine store. All I wanted was a machine with a 9" throat that also did a zig zag stitch. I realize that it would come with more stitches than just the zig zag, but those were my two main desires. My old machine was the Singer Confidence Quilter, a lower end machine, but still the most expensive ($300) machine I had purchased to date.

So anyway, I go into the store and start talking about the Janome 6300. They would have to order it, which was fine I guess, but I asked if there was a model that I could play with and check out first. Sure, we have this Janome Memory Craft 8200QC here, I can show you on this what the 6300 is capable of. Gee, thanks, show me the upgrade at almost twice the price, with an 11" throat....and I really must say, she sews like a dream and looks GREAT in my sewing room!!!!! Yes, I came home that day with the 8200 along with an extension table that I traded my old machine for. Monday I will go and give them the rest of the accessories for the old machine and schedule my training class for the 8200.

I only wish we weren't going to a football party this afternoon after church so I could stay home and play with her! Happy days for me!

Oh, her name is Linda for now. Long story not worth repeating in polite company.