Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 AM
cannyquilter

I quite like quilting but am pretty rubbish at it lol. I quilted the squares and round the edges yesterday and thought it looked great then I turned it over - disaster- pleats all over, it then took me twice as long to unpick the very worst offenders (I can live with some slight puckering) so at some point today I will try again. I will try to post a picture once I am totally finished, have not had much luck with getting photographs to load since the change over.

Originally Posted by Daisy Dew View Post
Well I have it done and yesterday I sandwiched it. I made mine a 3X3 setting. Today I begin the dreaded quilting! Oh I love piecing Oh I dislike the quilting - how can this be. Anyone else feel this way?

Instead of quilting perhaps I'll fuss with the instructions on how to post a picture

No I hope to get this finished as Thursday we take off for Phoenix get this: 2dogs, 1 cat, 2 humans with our new to us camper - does Chevy Chase come to mind?

Just occured to me that my 40 something niece, living in Phoenix, was married about 9 months ago and if I can get my Scrappy quilted it just might be a nice little snugglie for the newly weds she'll be surprised and will think AuntieL is wonderful. My sister, her mom will be surprised too as the quilt I made for her was very precise and a little on the victorian side. I love surprises.

Love everyones quilts - love the pictures. This is just a great quilt pattern and sure can be used in lots of ways. I'm going to try one on the small side then on the larger size I like to get the charm squares and they are mostly 5" and I just hated cutting them down to the 4-1/2 so we will see. Also how about doing a D9P with this setting - I'm getting carried away ADHD? think so.

Think I'll ask DH if he knows how to post the pic! Later all