Old 01-20-2013, 11:07 AM
love to sew

Default January 2013 UFO compeleted

Here is my January 2013 UFO quilt that was started at least 10 years ago. I finally quilted and bound it at the beginning of the year. I had scraps from a buisness that I had making "Squenchy" cool ties. The sewing company that was making them for us was cutting them wrong (unknown to us until we visited the factory) and wasting the last part costing us as you know lots of dollars in wasted fabric. I saw it and made them save them! of course we showed them how not to have so much waste! anyway I ended up with lots of strips that were just less than 4" wide. I have used them now in many, many quilts. This one was made with some of the strips cut down to 1 1/2". I only had to buy the black. I also tried the 10 minute block for the center of the stars. I didn't sew the curve down before quilting, only glue based and not very well, and what a mistake. I almost broke my LA. I had to readjust the hopping foot because it caught on it, almost ripped the fabric! Glad I finally finished it. Yay. my next post will be the UFO's I want to complete this year. Sorry the pictures are so bad. I tried to auto correct and then manually but they didn't get any better.
Attached Thumbnails quilt-black-hawaiian.jpg   quilt-black-hawaiian-backing.jpg   quilt-black-hawaiian-quilting.jpg