View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 11:18 AM
quiltingshorttimer

Cool

Wait--you mean those suckers just don't breed in my sewing room?? Until I got back into sewing about 4 years ago, I always assumed you only needed one machine--so my old Deluxe that I'd had for 25 years was it. Then I bought my daugher a Wally Mart Brother cheapy and loved how lightweight it was--so before my second quilt lesson I picked myself up one, too. In the meantime, my Mom decided the heavy duty Kenmore from the late 80's that she was using was way too heavy for her to get to repair shop--so she bought a lightweight Singer about 4 years ago. I inherited that at Christmas due to her passing--and plan to use my inheritance $$ to buy a long arm machine and frame cause she would have loved me spending the money on something that we shared an interest--plus with retirement around the bend, I know I'll be quilting even more.

Two years ago I also got a deal on an Elna Quilt Pro Queen (comparable to the Janome 6600 and made by the same co)--love all the computerized features and do most of my sewing on it. The lightweight Singer I got from my Mom is what I drag to classes now, the Wally Mart Brother is waiting for a DIL to take some sewing lessons (but not from me!!) and she'll get that. My son (who does know how to sew) got my Mom's old Kenmore complete with cams cause he's a mechanic and can deal with it's temperament, my daughter is "storing" my old Deluxe at my house, and I also bought my son's old reliable Conover upholstery machine about a year ago--plan to re-do the interior of one of our vintage cars some day. So guess that means one purchase planned; 3 machines (that are very different) I own/use; and 2 that I store for DD and DIL. If they do breed I could be in trouble!