View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:55 PM
deedum

Red face

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
I'm sorry Dee, but there is something you said that I can't quite understand. Can you please explain what "use up the rest of my scraps" means? Somehow this is a concept that completely escapes me. No matter how many scraps I use, there always seems to be just as many as when I started. Is there, perhaps, some magic powder or potent you sprinkle on them that keeps them from multiplying in the night? Or even maybe shrinks or dissolves a few each day?
I even changed the container I kept mine in, fearing it might have had the powers of the Stone Soup kettle, but apparently the container is not the problem.
Please share your secrets with us as I am sure there are many who would benefit.
Oh, it isn't that simple I am afraid. Let me explain. I have a large trash can that I throw in all the tiny and ubber smaller pieces of scraps. Anything less than a 2" goes in there. That is what I use for stuffing for the doggie beds that goes to the humane society. Anything bigger than that goes in my super large ziploc bags, they are my big scrappy pieces (anything bigger than 2"). I am trying to tame them, but it just seems the more I try to use those up the more they mutiply. I guess I get some satisfaction to know at least I get rid of the little bitty scraps. No magic yet for the bigger ones.
P.s. two doggie beds are done