View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 06:59 AM
harrishwhippets

The only thing I do to make it straighter is, to quote Billy, I starch the snot out of the binding. Am very careful to attach it with a very straight 1/4' than press it away from the front. This is when I check it to make sure there are no waves, than pull to the back and press it again. You could glue it down, I use to glue all my bindings, but lately I don't. I start on the side of the quilt and only pin in the ditch about a foot down the quilt. I flip up the quilt to look at where the needles line up. I put the pins head down in the ditch. This way you can see if the binding is straight and if you quilt just below the front binding you should quilt pretty straight. Now don't get me wrong sometimes, my mind wanders and so does the stitches, but I wake up stop stitching and get back on track. I have a few little areas now and than that wave a little. But now I try to really pay attention, and have gotten a lot better.Just make sure before you turn the corner and start down the side, you check the bobbin, like I said deco stitchs use a lot of bobbin thread and I have run out, Not good if your doing a bow to try and match up where you stopped. Yikes awful. Good luck.