Thread: Quilts talk
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Sierra

I understand what you are saying. I can't start a quilt unless something happens that lets me know what the quilt should look like. Sometimes just thinking of the person is enough and I know right away what to do. Other times I have to really work at it... right now I have a new DIL who is moving away from the coast to where our son lives and already she is missing the ocean. She very boldly told me now that she is family she gets a quilt! (Had to laugh because I was already on it). Later she appologized for her comment, but the damage was done.... I knew she wanted a quilt! I have told her to send me lots of photos of the scenes she loves, down to the details of the kind of trees that grow there. I have a list of "favorite" colors (and a couple she does NOT like) and things are coming together in my head. It will be some time before it is done (not all the data is in) but I really look forward to making this quilt when the details gel. I've already begun sketching. Without personal knowledge of a person it is very hard for me to make a quilt. It is like an assignment; work; a duty.

Last edited by Sierra; 01-20-2013 at 04:18 PM.