Thread: Ipad world
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Grandma Mary

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I gave my IPad to my granddaughter and use my Kindle Fire. It does everything I want. Movies, tv, music, all the apps I want, books, pdf files, and quilt videos. It cost nothing per month as it connects to my home wi fi. I love the new technology. I try to keep up with the basic. Pixel of Ink has free Kindle books every day, Amazon has a paid app once a day for free. Every channel on our cable tv will play on the Kindle with the app from the cable company. Sometimes I stop and think imagine this!
Wow BellaBoo, your granddaughter is a lucky girl! What a thoughtful thing to do.
I have both the iPad and the Kindle Fire. I like the iPad (which works with wifi like the Fire) better most of the time, because of the size of the screen, and I LOVE the camera. It takes beautiful pictures that I can print immediately through my Walgreens app. I also love my Kindle Fire for when I'm on the road as its easier to put in my purse. I especially like that the iPad and Kindle Fire work together with all the books I have. I have tons of reading material, and in the year I've had the Kindle, I have only paid for ONE book! All the rest I have found online, I get three emails a day with all the free books available for that time. I would have a hard time giving either of them up!