Old 01-20-2013, 05:00 PM
JanTx

Not vanity - joy in a job well done! I have a couple I've done that are just so joyful to me - not necessarily difficult, but joyful just the same.

I've noticed lately - starting with the Houston Intl Quilt Festival - that many quilters are simply quilting on into the borders - not doing a different pattern there - just continuing on what they are doing in the blocks. I've done that a time or two, but it still feels weird crossing that inner border.

If you have a quilting guide - a little metal ... stick? for want of a better word - that pokes into the thing that holds your machine foot - you can set it for a specific distance. So you could zigzag in/near the ditch of your inner border then use that stitch line as a guide to do another zigzag maybe 1/3 up your outer border - then use that stitch line to do another zigzag 2/3 up your outer border. Your outer border would end up with 2 zigzag lines that way.

This link shows what I'm talking about - it's the metal rod that's sticking through the foot. Of course you can always mark a line, too. Or use painter's tape.
http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/P6...=pd60-P60602-G

Those are easy suggestions anyway - let's see what others have to say!