Thread: Walmart Today
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 05:24 PM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

I heard from a lady in the fabric department at a "LOCAL" Wal-mart (Weston, WV), that they are NOT losing their fabric department! This was not at the usual WM I shop at, and it is actually farther than the usual one I go to. This one isn't even a SUPER WM> When I do get the chance to go to my usual WM (about 40 miles one way), I have usually had one of the kids to the dr. We have no pediatricians in our county, and I had both my kids in this neighboring county (Nicholas County....Summersville, WV), so I have kept them with their original pediatrician. Hey, we have a Vet in our county. I guess they are about as good as the county human hospital (where NO pediatricians are).
My point is that I do a lot of my shopping (and doctoring) in Summersville at WM, especially grocery shopping. I am way farther from JoAnn's and other fabric shops. I guess we will just have to start growing more in our garden this summer and can more veggies. Hubby will have to kill more deer so we can can and freeze it, and then I'll be through with WM! LOL! I hate their Pharmacy, anymore! I've mostly switched everything to CVS.
I was also told that the only other WM in the state to get to keep their fabric would be the one in Martinsburg! OK...I've never even been to Martinsburg. It's really a long way from here.
We are supposed to be getting a new Wal-Mart in Flatwoods, which is in the county I live in. I don't know whether to be happy or not, now. The fabric dept. lady I was talking to said there would definately not be a fab. dept. put in the new WM. :(
Now, the new WM will probably put the local grocery stores like Kroger out of business. That's what happened in Summersville.
My aunt closed her fabric shop because she has two young boys that weren't enjoying spending their free time at the shop, especially in the summers. It was hard on her because she lived a county away from the business location, and the boys switched back to their original school.
I think she can still order fabric, but it was more expensive than WM.
Maybe I'll just open up my own shop.
I had in mind to open up my own bakery when the kids got just a bit bigger, but maybe I'll just sell everything. Need a cake pan or a yard of fabric? Just call me! I will also be specializing in handmade candles. yum. So, what kind of Birthday cake will you be ordering this year? :D
OK. I'll quit rambling... I just wanted to get my 2 pennies in there. again.
:lol: